13 Jun Lithium battery fire
Posted at 20:07h in News
A JetBlue plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Michigan after smoke was detected coming from an overhead bin on a flight from New York to San Francisco.
The culprit was a lithium battery in a passenger’s laptop and it was the 13th such incident reported to America’s Federal Aviation Authority in 2017.
The plane, an Airbus A321, which had 158 passengers and crew did manage to land safely at The Gerald Ford International Airport with fire already extinguished.